Official docs and other resources
Front-end libraries and frameworks
- select2 - The ultimate jquery component to turn select boxes into powerful searchable boxes.
- Bootstrap - A popular
- Bootbox.js - Lightweight library to show modal dialogs and confirms in Bootstrap.
- BootstrapTour - Great tool to show your users through your site the first time they visit/sign-in.
- Bootsnip - Not a library per se, but great resource to find bits of code to enhance the bootstrap experience.
- assemble.io - Great tool for pre-processing html before build. Helpers for mark-down, code, etc. are just remarkable.
- bootstrap-slider - Slider plugin for the bootstrap framework.
- Purecss framework - A minimal (18 kilobytes)
CSS framework by Yahoo Inc. which is really a boon for backend developer like me who can’t easily double up as a professional web designer!
- jQueryUI - Official docs - A UI framework on top of
jQuery, but lost traction lately due of Bootstrap and other frameworks.
- AngularJS - Official docs - A mind-blowing MVC framework to lay out a framework for large MVC apps on the front-end. Extensively used along with
- Zurb Foundation - A viable alternative to Twitter Bootstrap. Powers a lot of high-profile websites.
- EditableGrid - Easily integrate editable table functionality in your app.
- JSTree - Useful jQuery plugin to easily integrate trees in your web apps. The one on the left side of this page is built using jstree library.
- Prettify - A Syntax-Highlighter script that makes source-code snippets in HTML prettier.
- Google Fonts - Get professional quality fonts for free - courtesy of Google Inc.
- FontAwesome.io - Open source vector based fonts covering all varieties, a boon for Web Developers.