Official docs and other resources
- Django - A popular web framework written in Python. Often touted as the web framework for busy journalists with deadlines, Django is very flexible and can be adapted to any web project needs.
- Flask - A minimalist web framework. While not as popular and stuffed as Django, Flask follows a more
lego block approach to development - starting from a minimal core, and keep adding as needed. An excellent framework, nevertheless.
- scipy - Important python package for mathematicians and statisticians.
- numpy - A package for scientific computing.
- matplotlib - A 2d plotting library.
- SQLAlchemy - The “bread and butter” ORM library in the python world. Extremely versatile and flexible enough to work with almost any RDBMS known to mankind.
- pandas - High performance Data Analysis library for Python.
- nltk - Widely used Python library in the field of Natural Language Processing.
- Twisted - An event driven networking engine written in python. Twisted is to python what System.Net is to C# or java.net package is to Java.
- Beautiful Soup - A mind-blowing XML parsing library that is widely used in web-scraping scripts and applications in python.
- Mechanize - A fully-fledged web-scraping framework written in Python.
- Pelican - A static site generator that supports markdown and reST syntax. Written in python.
- openpyxl - A pure python library to work with Microsoft Excel 2010 (*.xlsx) format workbooks.
- xlrd - A pure python library to read Microsoft Excel 97 (*.xls) format workbooks.
- python-docx - Python library to write to work with Microsoft Word Documents.
- pygame - A popular python gaming library.
- panda3d - Python graphics library.
- pyglet - Python graphics library.
- requests - A popular library for handling HTTP requests.
- Kivy - A modern GUI toolkit for building apps, works seamlessly on Linux, Android, Windows and Mac.
- PySide - Alternative GUI toolkit in Python, the open source version of PyQt which is commercial.
Online tutorials, books, puzzles